Dream Depository

This is the Phatooine's social forum. Everyone welcome, sideburns encouraged.

Dream Depository

Postby Scarlet » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:10 pm

Should you feel the need to deposit fragments of dreams, in whatever way you want.

• Catastrophic world event, eminent breakdown of social and economic structures, caused by escalation of conflict between North Korea and South Korea. Trying to figure out what I should take with me in two blue rucksacks.
  • U2 concert - first viewing on big-screen TV and then at the concert itself. Song being performed: In the Name of Love.
  • Return to Spain, narrow, claustrophobic streets.

Trigger for first two fragments: recently watched Until the End of the World, with U2's song of the same name a predominant musical queue throughout the trilogy.
Scarlet
Thief

Re: Dream Depository

Postby strangebehaviour » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Interesting dream with Christian Bale. I don't remember a lot of it but we were running down corridors together (running away from something but not sure what)

It was probably triggered by watching all 3 Batman films yesterday.
Nothing to see here. move along.
strangebehaviour
Thief

Postby Viper » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:19 am

I actually got interested in the Interpretation of dreams, so I read some of Freud's "The Interpretation of Dreams." (Interesting enough, the first half of the book--which was about all I read--there wasn't much about sexuality which seems to be Freud's forte according to pop culture.)

Some of the most interesting things I read were that dreams are actually a form of communication via images (rather than through language) that is reminiscent of how our earliest ancestors processed thought (i.e. before language). And that a dream might even be your body communicating illness or things that are wrong in your body that you may not even consciously know about.

It was pretty fascinating stuff. It was a refreshing take on interpreting dreams outside of "zomg, dreams are your subconscious desires manifesting themselves".
All this polo I'm wearin', I got horsepower. -- 2Chainz
Viper
Thief

Postby soxtalon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:11 pm

I would like to read that at some point.

Being away from home, I tend to remember my dreams a lot more. This was no exception...for each day I remembered vivid dreams but now that I'm home I can only remember my last one.

Somehow Kim and I were in California. We had no children. There was an subtle alien invasion (much like V) but more conspiracy theory type where people knew something was going on but not the extent. Somehow Kim and I found out ala Mike Donovan and were attacked. We killed our attackers who had human guns, so we took those. We then went to my parents house (somehow in California :P) and we saw my father. Somehow my father knew without much talk what was going on and he gave us the name of someone we should meet with an address in South Dakota.

We were attacked again and I killed an agent that had followed us. I walked upstairs to talk to my mom who said something to the effect of....

"Didn't your father tell you...No guns in the house!"

I rolled my eyes, "Ok ma, next time we'll let the agent kill dad"

And she shrieked in surprise not realizing what went down.

Somehow I was preparing to go when Kim had tried to track down the individual. She told me that the woman we were supposed to meet was supposedly in a coma. I looked at her and said, "Is she?" thinking that it was her way of getting out of sight from the aliens.

I woke up as we were about to start the cross country trek...
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Calandria » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Driving through the Gotthard Tunnel (road tunnel fyi) with a Submarine and coming out on the other end with all of Switzerland under water.

Yet that doesn't even strike me as unusual.
Rebel Princess looking for a Cause.
Calandria
Thief

Postby Whispers » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:03 pm

I had a nightmare last night after watching Hannibal. Typical of course, Hannibal was my uncle and he killed Adam Baldwin in my kitchen. I calmly collected my things and left the house after I watched him slice a leg off. Odd thing was that I woke myself up and I was shivering uncontrollably. Has this happened to anyone else? (the shivering, not Hannibal and Baldwin :p )
I will find you
Whispers
Witch Admin of Phatooine

Postby soxtalon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:35 pm

I've woken up short of breath before...but not quite shivering but I'd argue that's in the same ballpark :D
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Return to The Mantina