Murder: Help me figure this out

This is the Phatooine's social forum. Everyone welcome, sideburns encouraged.

Murder: Help me figure this out

Postby Whispers » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:31 am

On May 6th, a 32 year old father and husband was murdered after going on a test drive with two men who answered an ad regarding sale of a RAM truck. Tim Bosma from Ancaster ON was found on a farm about 20 miles from here. His body was burned beyond recognition.
The first man charged is a wealthy 27 year old who inherited an airline company. The second is a man a little younger who has been in and out of trouble with the law.
The bizarre circumstances that are involved in this case are baffling.

Ever since Tim went missing I've been trying to figure out why anyone would kill someone else for a truck. It's so senseless. This case is huge around here mostly because of the social media aspect. It spread like wildfire in the first few days and still remains a topic of interest with anyone who lives here.
Tim lived only a few miles away from here and maybe that's why I'm so obsessed about this. To think it can happen so close to home.

Anyways, I'll post a link to a news article for anyone who's interested. There is a lot more information on this story and I'd like fresh views on what I find a very odd but truly sad murder case.

http://www.thespec.com/hamilton-topics/ ... -tim-bosma
I will find you
Whispers
Witch Admin of Phatooine

Re: Murder: Help me figure this out

Postby Emperor's Prize » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Very sad. Tim Bosma has a young daughter, was building the family home designed by his wife. Tragic. Very tragic. And infuriating. The fuck is wrong with people?

As for the case, near as I can figure, based on what they know so far, the older suspect seemed to be running a chop shop out of his inherited airport hangar. The younger seems to have dabble in gore (a music video depicts him "acting as a butcher, dismembering body parts"). Seems like this was either a robbery gone wrong - or perhaps an escalation of what befell the older suspect's former girlfriend, who has been missing for a year. Sadly, psychopaths can be found anywhere. And that's what two seem to be. I'm sorry it hits so close to home. The only comparison I have is 9/11 and I know, even from a (relative) distance, it can be very unsettling.

And, of course, thoughts go to the family of the victim.
If you ever have the chance for redemption, take it. Without hesitation.
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby Whispers » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:06 am

Thanks for your thoughts EP! I'm thinking along the same lines but what I can't get is how can they be so stupid? The remains are found on Millards farm, his truck in Millard's mothers driveway, Tim's wife saw them face to face. Did they think they were going to get away with it? WTF?
I watched that video of Mark Smich and it was pretty gross but pretty telling too. And yet, they maintain their innocence.
Why oh why do you murder over a truck you can buy a gallzion of?
I will find you
Whispers
Witch Admin of Phatooine

Postby Emperor's Prize » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:20 am

Whispers wrote:Why oh why do you murder over a truck you can buy a gallzion of?

For the lulz? It seems to me, in the case of the older guy who inherited money, he had too much time on his hands and not enough to do. Depravity is what got his rocks off - starting with the chop shop, escalating to his gf, and then Tim Bosma. None of which strikes me as requiring any amount of intelligence. :p
If you ever have the chance for redemption, take it. Without hesitation.
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby Whispers » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 am

I was also thnking drugs could have a lot to do with it. People do some crazy shit when they're high.

I drove past the house today on my way to Caledonia. I got such a gut feeling of darkness.
I will find you
Whispers
Witch Admin of Phatooine

Postby Sarc » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:41 pm

It's been my experience that there is no rhyme or reason as to why people do acts of senseless violence/crimes, most think they won't get caught but in reality most severe crimes usually get solved. A lot of the people I deal with are not exactly the Sharpest tool in the shed, lot of dumb criminals doing dumb things, usually because they have been doing it for years thinking they won't get caught...
My favorite day: 02/25/95
My least favorite day: 12/18/03

Salmon, the other Pink meat.......
Somebody call a lumberjack, I've got wood....
Sarc
Scoundrel

Postby Whispers » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:16 am

Yeah, I sure don't think this was the first crime Dellen and Mark have been involved in. They likely got away with so much they though they were untouchable.

Another odd thing is that the day before they killed Tim, they test drove another truck in Toronto. Nothing happened to the man who owned the truck. Apparently he was a BIG guy. Weird. The whole thing is so weird. And before that they had called a 3rd person about a truck but got his answering machine.

I don't we're going to get any answers anytime soon. The way trials go here, the public hear nothing until the trial but that's okay as long as justice gets served.
I will find you
Whispers
Witch Admin of Phatooine

Return to The Mantina