<insert title>

This is the Phatooine's social forum. Everyone welcome, sideburns encouraged.

<insert title>

Postby dudeski » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:04 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPTOY8FrvNw[/youtube]

so i was rummaging around in my storage looking for some paperwork and ran across the old st hard drive. i plugged it in and laughed my ass off at all of the images saved over the years during the prequels. mostly pics people posted, wanting attempts at photoshop, and the like. i had forgotten how silly/funny/serious the pre-internet 2.0 online forum culture was at times. i found some of scarlet, willa, viper's hairy ass, lady k, a few of an old friend long gone, and even one of those fucking ridiculous pics bezo would post all the time of himself with lightsabers. it made me think of you all, and i just wanted to come by and say hello. i hope all is well with everyone

http://s14.postimg.org/6ptze8vtb/bezo20054ru.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
soul-obsequial inhesion
dudeski
Scum

Re: <insert title>

Postby soxtalon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:49 pm

good to see you dude! It is quite funny looking back at how serious it all was ;)
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Scarlet » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:52 pm

There are times that I miss the insanity of it all.
Scarlet
Thief

Postby Salty » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:54 pm

2002-2005 on TFN will go down as my favorite time on messageboards. You couldn't recapture that magic if your life depended on it.
[face_muhaha]
Salty
Shadow Tech

Postby Emperor's Prize » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:25 am

Yeah, good, bad, ugly, insane, silly, hilarious, fun ... you just don't get communities like that no mo.

Good times.

:goodtimes:
If you ever have the chance for redemption, take it. Without hesitation.
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby dudeski » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:52 am

i think 'community' is the key word. relative to the scene today it definitely seemed based less on the individual. there was much more focus on the ideas, concepts, and aesthetics which brought everyone together in the first place. far less ME ME ME, that's for sure. i always found the different culture(s) each unique board possessed to be interesting, as well. some harmonious and perhaps codependent, but most of them in complete juxtaposition of one another. i enjoyed being a somewhat 'go-between' at several different boards, and quickly realized the two qualities every community shared, no exceptions:

1) statism/territoriality

~and~

2) it's all for the lulz. that said, shit can also go REALLY BAD real fucking quick

i remember our house being rather cannibalistic and volatile. it was the obvious consequence of putting a bunch of instigators into one room. eventually someone would fight and then everybody would just jump on the antagonize train; 88mph and you're gonna see some serious shit. i will admit it was often so bad that i had a hard time differentiating between the fine line of acceptable and egregiously unacceptable. many times the antagonize train evolved directly into the maliciously sadistic train - which, ironically, was when the board had the most traffic/activity. i mean, i watched several marriages (and lives) deteriorate right in front of me and one time we had our tech/admin delete the entire site because someone refused to recognize an individual from india as 'asian.' heh. good times

and so, how has everyone here been? life has changed drastically for me since then and i assume the same for you all. what has everyone been up to?
soul-obsequial inhesion
dudeski
Scum

Postby soxtalon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Same shit here. Moved on from the intrawebs quite a bit. I can't believe how much time I used to spend online! Now it's much more hit and run.

Three kids keep you busy though!
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Salty » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:37 pm

I still spend a ton of time online but it shifted from messageboards to MMO games starting in 2007. I seriously doubt we'll ever see a messageboard run the likes of that from 1999-2007. It's just easier to be hit and run friends on facebook or twitter and spend the rest of your time dealing with real world shit or other hobbies.
[face_muhaha]
Salty
Shadow Tech

Postby Scarlet » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:49 pm

dudeski wrote:i enjoyed being a somewhat 'go-between' at several different boards

I can see that - a darkside male version of Sarka, who also played that role, in a sweeter, less deathly-crispy way.

During those times, I honed in, magnified and made a caricature of the batshit-antagonist-cunt facet of my own personality, which pretty much drowned out anything constructive I could have to offer any community. But against all odds made some real-life friends who are quite accepting of my idiosyncrasies that drive most away.

I corrected the mistake I made of being married, returned to studies and have lived a hermit-like life, coming out for human contact every once in a while, and then retreating back into a sanctuary of solitude.

How has life changed drastically for you?
Scarlet
Thief

Postby Zaranne » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:01 pm

:-\ I'm not really sure who you people are anymore...

:-?

I got divorced, my sister had grandbabies, and I finally found a nice guy with not only a good JOB, he has a house, a motorcycle, a truck, and MONEY!!!

No more me supporting the bf, thank you... #:-s

Oh, and I got old...

:-w
Retired World Champion MILF
Where the heck is that Cabana boy with my Mai Tai and massage?
What about me? When you're old you're crazy not to do it. (Grandpa - Little Miss Sunshine)
Zaranne
Thief

Postby Emperor's Prize » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:00 am

Scarlet wrote:But against all odds made some real-life friends who are quite accepting of my idiosyncrasies that drive most away.

I corrected the mistake I made of being married, returned to studies and have lived a hermit-like life, coming out for human contact every once in a while, and then retreating back into a sanctuary of solitude.

I know you like your solitude, but I (selfishly) think you ought to let your idiosyncrasies out a bit more often. The world would be a much more interesting place if you did. :ymparty:
If you ever have the chance for redemption, take it. Without hesitation.
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby Viper » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:57 am

Message boards everywhere are dying. I miss the insanity of it all.
All this polo I'm wearin', I got horsepower. -- 2Chainz
Viper
Thief

Postby Zaranne » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Viper wrote:Message boards everywhere are dying. I miss the insanity of it all.

So very true...

:ymsigh:
Retired World Champion MILF
Where the heck is that Cabana boy with my Mai Tai and massage?
What about me? When you're old you're crazy not to do it. (Grandpa - Little Miss Sunshine)
Zaranne
Thief

Postby Whispers » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:54 pm

dude, a blast from the past. :ymparty:

I miss the old days sometimes as I do love a good tiff/drama/lollergag-gate. You know what I mean. :gb2tfn:

Like when I followed the yellow brick road of hell to the ST =))
I will find you
Whispers
Witch Admin of Phatooine

Return to The Mantina