Star Wars: Rebels [SPOILERS]

Rebels, The Clone Wars, Marvel's new line, new novel line. Anything from the new Disney/Lucasfilm Canon that ISN'T from Episodes I-IX

Re: Star Wars: Rebels - A New Animated Series

Postby Emperor's Prize » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:45 am

That season finale was a *lot* of fun to watch. I (maybe not so) silently cheered when Ahsoka made her appearance. I was thrilled to see her back on the screen. No coincidence that her former master also made a prominent appearance in the episode, too. I know they're background characters in this series ... but I very much would like to see Ahsoka confront Vader at some point. Otherwise, the series is headed in a good direction - if it's curve is anything like Clone Wars then it still has a lot of potential, particularly in the runup to TFA.
If you ever have the chance for redemption, take it. Without hesitation.
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby soxtalon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:26 am

Agreed - I too am hoping for a Vader/Ahsoka showdown at some point. In fact it would do good to end Rebels...or close enough. I mean I understand this is NOT the Vader/Ahsoka story in Rebels so the real climax of the series would have to involve Kanan/Hera, etc. BUT I think Vader slaying Ahsoka would be a way of solidifying Vader as the bad ass we see him by Ep IV and eliminate any hemming and hawing he might have had. I would love to see a Vader now who still has doubts...a bit. It could make for some great drama...
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Emperor's Prize » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:56 am

Oh. My.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A[/youtube]

Looks like Rebels is growing up!

Also, I love all of the cameos from familiar Clone Wars characters. Really good stuff.
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby soxtalon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:46 pm

I meant to comment on this earler but yes I was VERY excited by the Season 2 trailer. It's almost like a different show - much more grounded in SW whereas Season 1 was good...it was a bit slow and seemed a bit...directionless of sorts. This seems like it really fills the void on things we'd want to know. I LOVE Hondo so anytime we see him I'm good. But also getting Rex? That's great.

I also love how it seems we will eventually get an Ahsoka/Vader confrontation....really adds more closure to Clone Wars....
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Emperor's Prize » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:02 am

^ Agreed! (Especially about Hondo!!!)

soxtalon wrote:I also love how it seems we will eventually get an Ahsoka/Vader confrontation....really adds more closure to Clone Wars....

Yes! Also, to me, it seems like that final shot of the trailer is tailor-made for Ahsoka to show up, save the day, and sacrifice herself so our heroes can continue their journeys ...
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby soxtalon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:49 am

^ That. It does seem like it but I listened to a review of someone who saw the season Premiere (Shem posted it on the FB page) and they said that it seems that fight is in the first episode and while they didn't spoil it, it still seemed like Ahsoka/Vader was still to come.

I do think that will be what eventually happens at some point.
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Emperor's Prize » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:19 am

Ah! Thanks for the update (I've been a tad bit too busy to keep current on all of the info). But yeah ... I don't see how Ahsoka survives until the opening moments of ANH ... and sacrificing herself, to save the Rebellion, would make a most indelible impact for her character.

Also, now that I think of it, I wonder if they'll tie her efforts into Vader's line from ANH: "There'll be no one to stop us this time." Maybe I'm looking too hard for connections, but that'd be quite a special connection between the Clone Wars, Rebels, and ANH.
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby soxtalon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:35 am

Ooooh, I like that! :D
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Emperor's Prize » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:35 am

Anyone see the new installment of Rebels from a couple of weeks back? It was pretty intense. Most chilling moment? Vader saying, "The apprentice lives!"

He knows Ahsoka is alive ... but Ahsoka isn't yet admitting that Vader is her former Master.

Can't wait for the rest of the season to get started!
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby soxtalon » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:43 am

I sure did. That was quite a chilling moment. Obviously building an eventual climactic duel between Vader and Ahsoka....I hope we also get an Ahsoka vs Bariss.....

Vader was downright awesome.
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Emperor's Prize » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:02 am

Yeah, I was wondering how they'd handle Vader. He has to be almost mythically powerful at this point - and yet our heroes have to survive. It was a delicate balance, but I think the show pulled it off - demonstrating how powerful and lethal Vader is, while plausibly allowing our heroes to, ahem, live to fight again.

As for Ahsoka ... this series, Disney or not, *has* to show her demise at some point. Doesn't it? I'll be seriously disappointed if that's left to some novelization after Rebels ends.
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby soxtalon » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:51 am

You would think so. I think we might get more than Ahsoka's death. I think one of our heroes is going to go this year - just a gut feeling...
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Re: Star Wars: Rebels [SPOILERS]

Postby Lord Tuvitor » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:54 pm

So. Let's talk the Season 2 Finale.

:-o

First off, without spoiling anything, I'm just going to say that was 45 minutes of some damn good Star Wars.

So much story packed into this episode. "Old Master" Maul, canonization of the Sith Code, Maul planting the seeds of Sith philosophy into Ezra's consciousness, the Malachor Temple, the Holocron... (Is that KREIA'S HOLOCRON?!?!?!)

Ahsoka Tano versus DARTH VADER
Kanan Blinded!
And the CLIFFHANGER...
You *BELCH* y-you Cronenberged Phatooine! Real good, Morty!
Lord Tuvitor
Of Dimension C-137

Postby soxtalon » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 am

LOVED it. Rebels Season 2 was great....a few too many filler eps but overall it really did a great job moving a story forward.

I was really getting back into the Clone Wars as well and there is a lot to love there as well.

I can't wait for Celebration where Dave has a "big announcement" about the next sesason of Rebels.
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Sarc » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:27 pm

Gah, with my schedule I usually have to wait until the DVD's come out and then I binge watch the shit out of them. Unless I find clips on Youtube etc...., though I usually don't like watching one random episode if I'm not caught up on it.
My favorite day: 02/25/95
My least favorite day: 12/18/03

Salmon, the other Pink meat.......
Somebody call a lumberjack, I've got wood....
Sarc
Scoundrel

Previous

Return to Official Star Wars Canon