If you were given the job of writing the Episode VII script:

If you were given the job of writing the Episode VII script:

Postby Lord Tuvitor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 pm

How would the story go? Not asking for fanfic treatments here, just a general synopsis, TL;DR style. Example.

In the shadow of Grand Admiral Thrawn's push to reclaim the territory lost to the Empire during the Rebellion, Luke's journey takes him to the dark places of the galaxy, where he finds some unlikely allies. Leia and Lando struggle to maintain order against a senate full of squabbling delegates more than happy to bring up old issues as the military power of Thrawn's Imperial Remnant grows. Han and Chewie battle from the shadows against a new criminal syndicate and a new criminal mastermind, whose agenda threatens the tenuous stability of the new galactic balance of power.
You *BELCH* y-you Cronenberged Phatooine! Real good, Morty!
Lord Tuvitor
Of Dimension C-137

Re: If you were given the job of writing the Episode VII scr

Postby Ney » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:24 am

I'd go with something along the lines of Palleon and Thrawn take over the empire remnants, regroup and decide to peacefully try and work with the Rebellion to rebuild the galaxy. The galaxy finally gets a glimmer of peace for the first time in many years and we see Luke training a new group of students. Luke has taken on an apprentice as well, who can be developed into whomever/whatever. Out of his students, one of them's family was murdered by the empire and decides to go after vengeance by going rogue and causing discord amongst the senate of the Alliance and Empire and sowing seeds of hate and discrimination. He/she draws a following from extremist members of both parties and at the end of the first film we see Skywalker attempt to confront him - and goes out Obi/Qui Gon style while his star apprentice watches (throwing a nod back to Obi/Qui and Luke/Obi in Ep1/4 respectively). We see Han begin to derrive into a grump general that gets along well with Thrawn because of their quick wits and Leia+Palleon along with Ackbar, Moff Jerrjerrod and co rebuilding the senate and consolidating fleets into a peaceful force. Tensions begin to draw because of the actions of this extremist party that is formed. The final scene of the movie cuts to the first senate meeting in a decade to elect a new form of government when you see a Luke's former student and group of extremists building lightsabers and suddenly they all flicker on and cut into a scene of Yavin's red atmosphere with a group of Jedi deciding how to proceed without their master. Cue you realising who the next generation of heroes will be to a sad yet hopeful theme.

ba duh da duh duhh -- star wars music.
roar said the dinosaur who after the impact could do no more
Ney
coffee coffee coffee

Postby soxtalon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 pm

I think I jump ahead so that the age of the actors is in sync and much like the PT and OT there is a good gap of 20-30 years.

The Jedi order has been re-established but isn't as prolific as you might think. The Republic has grown strong again but things haven't gone smoothly at all and tension is threatening to tear it apart especially as remnants of the Empire remain at large and strong (kind of the flip of the OT - The Empire is now the Rebellion) Luke's star apprentice is a shade of Anakin so to speak. Someone who is sick of the inaction of the Republic to bring the EMpire to justice...which slides to vengeance and so he begins his descent.

Luke has a child (or Han/Leia) at this point who doesn't want anything to do with being a Jedi due to being in Luke's shadow or something like that but when star pupil falls to the darkside, Luke goes to bring him in and is killed in front of Luke's son. Luke's son realizes he's the only one capable of taking up the mantle and has to train to take down the fallen dark lord.

Eh...Off the top of my head :D
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Captain Obvious » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:11 am

I would like to see the treatment. That aside, I don't know if I would want to make it too far after the OT.
Fairness is equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
Captain Obvious
No Title Needed

Postby Manowan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Well, we could start with Luke being confronted by a Clone of Darth Sidious and....

Joking. LOL
You still have much to learn my young apprentice.
Manowan
Thief

Postby Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:51 am

Manowan wrote:Well, we could start with Luke being confronted by a Clone of Darth Sidious and....

Joking. LOL

Are you trying to lure in input by Emos and Vortex? ;)
"I'm proud of you, Dustil. You aren't hanging onto a lie after you see it for what it is. Not everyone could do that."
--Carth Onasi

Watch my KOTOR Videos on YouTube
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JediShemL
Shem
Thief

Postby soxtalon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:03 am

I'm telling you the cloners will be redeemed yet! :P
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:11 am

soxtalon wrote:I'm telling you the cloners will be redeemed yet! :P

...says the former cloner. ;)
"I'm proud of you, Dustil. You aren't hanging onto a lie after you see it for what it is. Not everyone could do that."
--Carth Onasi

Watch my KOTOR Videos on YouTube
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JediShemL
Shem
Thief

Return to Episode VII : The Force Awakens