Mara Jade in Episode VII?

Mara Jade in Episode VII?

Postby Lord Tuvitor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:29 pm

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/mara-jade-co ... 00655.html

According to the rumor, Rebels will introduce Mara Jade into the canon, and she will be carried into the Sequel Trilogy afterward....
You *BELCH* y-you Cronenberged Phatooine! Real good, Morty!
Lord Tuvitor
Of Dimension C-137

Re: Mara Jade in Episode VII?

Postby The Count » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:04 am

I'm very interested in that casting choice.
You fire your musket, but I'll run you through.

The Glory at PoP's Right Hand
The Count
Thief

Postby soxtalon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:43 pm

I have a feeling that the whole films vs. EU war has just begun on MANY levels...
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Shem » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 pm

soxtalon wrote:I have a feeling that the whole films vs. EU war has just begun on MANY levels...

Well, you can pretty much throw out all you thought was the real story when it comes to the EU. There is going to be a lot of things contradicted and it isn't the first time this has happened. Like Boba Fett's origins changed in AOTC when the EU said something different. Or something small like how Mara Jade explained to Luke about Vader's failure and how the Emperor took Vader's last remaining real (right) hand, but later it was changed when Count Dooku severed Anakin's right arm in AOTC which knocked out that story. And I know the Clone Wars series changed some stories that are originally told differently in the EU like where Darth Maul came from.
"I'm proud of you, Dustil. You aren't hanging onto a lie after you see it for what it is. Not everyone could do that."
--Carth Onasi

Watch my KOTOR Videos on YouTube
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JediShemL
Shem
Thief

Postby soxtalon » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:54 pm

I definitely expect some contradictions. The war I expect is how sweeping these changes are.
For example I read a rumor that stated that EU-type characters would be used and have many similarities to their counterparts but have different names....like a redheaded wife for Luke...but not Mara etc.

To me it's simple. I would not let the EU hold me back from anything that was important to the story. However, I try as best as I can not to contradict if I don't have to. Does Luke have a wife in the story? Could she be named Mara Jade? Could the character be close to the EU Jade? If the answer is yes, then why give him a wife named Jo'ane who is dark skinned with jet black hair? WHy antagonize some of your audience?

With that being said, I expect some major changes in the EU (which is why the Jaina story by Christie Golden is now on hold). One thing I expect is that Chewbacca's EU death to be retconned for certain.
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby The Count » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:56 pm

I'm with you, Sox. In a similar way, I don't let the HBO version of Game of Thrones irk me when it's different from the books. I enjoy them both and understand when the differences in the media necessitate mixing, merging, or removing character attributes (or entire characters.)
You fire your musket, but I'll run you through.

The Glory at PoP's Right Hand
The Count
Thief

Return to Episode VII : The Force Awakens