Will there be a force ghost in EP VII?

Will there be a force ghost in EP VII?

Postby Manowan » Fri May 16, 2014 5:45 pm

I would not mind seeing Ewan Mc darning the old Obiwan makeup to be a force ghost. Yoda could pop up nicely as well.
You still have much to learn my young apprentice.
Manowan
Thief

Re: Will there be a force ghost in EP VII?

Postby soxtalon » Sat May 17, 2014 11:31 am

I think there will be. Just a gut feeling. I have a feeling that they will try for a bit of nostalgia so if something happened in the OT, it will happen in the ST.
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Lord Tuvitor » Sat May 17, 2014 12:54 pm

I think it's more than nostalgia, but force-ghosts will play a larger role in the ST, just from where TCW was going. I get the feeling that for Lucas, working on TCW may have been the catalyst for the ST treatments, and that certain new themes introduced in TCW will be dominant ones in the ST. Adding to that, I've always been under the impression that Lucas was dissatisfied with the lack of Qui-Gon force ghosts in II and III. Season 6 of TCW wrapped that arc up well...and it certainly left it wide open for the telling of a greater story to come.
You *BELCH* y-you Cronenberged Phatooine! Real good, Morty!
Lord Tuvitor
Of Dimension C-137

Postby soxtalon » Sun May 18, 2014 11:22 am

I agree with the gist of that LT. I'm a bit more cynical in some ways. I get the feeling from those involved that they are trying like hell to channel the OT even possibly at the expense of the PT.

Clone Wars though will be a good template and I think Rebels will showcase a bit more. In fact I'd be surprised if some plot points of the ST AREN'T introduced in Rebels. I DO get the feeling that they are trying to create a full connected universe between all their fiction....kind of like the Phattiverse was ;)
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby tarkin713 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:35 pm

I don't know though - is a force ghost necessary? Considering Ep 7 takes place 30 years after ROTJ, would Luke need anymore guidance? The three ghosts appearing at the end of ROTJ was kind of like their sendoff, you know, "You don't need us anymore, we're proud of you" kind of thing.

Now, if a ghost visited Leia... hold it, I'm going there... why not have Anakin appear to her?
***PoP*** Chairman of the Board
"I've had a hell of a lot of fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it." - Errol Flynn
Half-Man, Half-Amazing!
"Your mama so fat she jumped on a rainbow and made skittles!"
tarkin713
Scum

Postby Lord Tuvitor » Mon May 19, 2014 7:48 pm

soxtalon wrote:I agree with the gist of that LT. I'm a bit more cynical in some ways. I get the feeling from those involved that they are trying like hell to channel the OT even possibly at the expense of the PT.

Clone Wars though will be a good template and I think Rebels will showcase a bit more. In fact I'd be surprised if some plot points of the ST AREN'T introduced in Rebels. I DO get the feeling that they are trying to create a full connected universe between all their fiction....kind of like the Phattiverse was ;)

The Phattiverse was an epic Fanon version of the GFFA++. It was fun to work on B-)
You *BELCH* y-you Cronenberged Phatooine! Real good, Morty!
Lord Tuvitor
Of Dimension C-137

Postby Shem » Tue May 20, 2014 4:21 am

tarkin713 wrote:Now, if a ghost visited Leia... hold it, I'm going there... why not have Anakin appear to her?

Why wait 30 years to do that? :p
"I'm proud of you, Dustil. You aren't hanging onto a lie after you see it for what it is. Not everyone could do that."
--Carth Onasi

Watch my KOTOR Videos on YouTube
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JediShemL
Shem
Thief

Postby tarkin713 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:30 am

I think if anybody needed a ghost for guidance, it would be Leia. She could already be in the midst of talking to Anakin. You know, it wouldn't be a first time type thing. But if they HAVE to have a ghost, I would love to see Ewan McGregor return as Obi Wan.
***PoP*** Chairman of the Board
"I've had a hell of a lot of fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it." - Errol Flynn
Half-Man, Half-Amazing!
"Your mama so fat she jumped on a rainbow and made skittles!"
tarkin713
Scum

Postby Shem » Tue May 27, 2014 7:08 pm

tarkin713 wrote:I think if anybody needed a ghost for guidance, it would be Leia. She could already be in the midst of talking to Anakin. You know, it wouldn't be a first time type thing. But if they HAVE to have a ghost, I would love to see Ewan McGregor return as Obi Wan.

But again, why wait 30 years to have that conversation since that will be the time period between Episode VI and Episode VII. Wouldn't it make more sense for that conversation to happen well Episode VII happens?
"I'm proud of you, Dustil. You aren't hanging onto a lie after you see it for what it is. Not everyone could do that."
--Carth Onasi

Watch my KOTOR Videos on YouTube
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JediShemL
Shem
Thief

Postby Manowan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:47 pm

I know one thing, I wanna see Leia being a bombad Jedi in the ST!
You still have much to learn my young apprentice.
Manowan
Thief

Return to Episode VII : The Force Awakens