Luke a Villain in Exile?

Luke a Villain in Exile?

Postby Shem » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:01 am

Some interesting speculation here:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/11/08/ ... nal,manual

A couple of weeks ago, a rumor was launched on the internet, a rumor which said that Luke will be the main villain of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Sounds… bad, right?

Well, just in, Making Star Wars revealed some other details that show that Luke isn’t actually evil, but rather insane. Check out below:

“I’m told that in the back story for the film, Luke Skywalker does something amazing with the Force. He’s really powerful, more of “wizard than lightsaber wielding warrior.” Basically, Luke Skywalker has a “Force Unleashed” moment and realizes he might be bad for the universe.The aftermath of that event is difficult for Luke.

Luke Skywalker has become the most powerful Jedi ever, but he doesn’t believe he’s the wisest. He doesn’t want to make the mistake his father made by thinking he knows what’s right for the universe. Skywalker becomes somewhat deranged in his seclusion. He is consumed by his fear that if he should return to “society” his power could be misused, he could be manipulated, and he may accidentally hurt the one’s he loves.

For these reasons, to protect the galaxy and himself, Luke retreats into self-imposed exile for many years. I’m told he can’t always control the power. While he sits in a meditative state, he levitates things unconsciously and he’s not always in complete control and he’s never sure if he’s doing the will of the Force or acting on his own passions. Luke is seeing the past, the present, the future, “old friends long gone” and other things that prey upon his sanity.

Luke Skywalker is described as “creepy and frightening in appearance” because you supposedly can see “the fire in his eyes” behind his grizzled appearance during some scenes.”

Source: Comic Book Movie

I'm going to try to get more discussion going with some research. So there maybe more topics later on here.
"I'm proud of you, Dustil. You aren't hanging onto a lie after you see it for what it is. Not everyone could do that."
--Carth Onasi

Watch my KOTOR Videos on YouTube
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JediShemL
Shem
Thief

Re: Luke a Villain in Exile?

Postby Emperor's Prize » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:28 pm

It certainly sounds like a plausible direction to take the character, and to inject some uncertainty into the story.
If you ever have the chance for redemption, take it. Without hesitation.
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby Manowan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:43 pm

I like this idea of Luke putting himself in Exile because he fears his own power. It also gives the story a good plot purpose.

I don't like some of these other rumors that say that Luke is "the" villan of the movie.

Can't wait for more spoilers and info!
You still have much to learn my young apprentice.
Manowan
Thief

Postby Drunken Irish Picnic » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:32 pm

This is definitely the most plausible suggestion i've seen on his role in the new movie. Could allow very interesting story arcs for the future.
***EoA*** <--------"Elephants on Amphetamines"
Can't Hang's 2009 Album - Ride The Lightrail
A.K.A. The Bodacious Boob of Dubious Sobriety, Composer of Leonard Shelby Love Songs, and Knight of the BYS
“I have eschewed Royal vessels; not merely municipal customs galleys, keep thee in mind. I speak now of the commodious British Warships-of-the-line. She is sufficiently mercurial for thee, thou aged fellow!” -Han "Frizzibald" Solo III
Drunken Irish Picnic
Thief

Postby Emperor's Prize » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:09 am

Manowan wrote:I don't like some of these other rumors that say that Luke is "the" villan of the movie.

Maybe it's more along the lines of "antagonist" than a true villain? It's hard to see Luke purely as a villain (e.g. Vader), but I can see his isolation and "madness" (for lack of a better term) being a source of conflict for the other characters. And, too, that ambiguity to his character could lend some plausibility to him drifting closer to dark side motivations and actions.

At the very least, it really develops his character - which is not so easy to do given his heroic finale in ROTJ.
If you ever have the chance for redemption, take it. Without hesitation.
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Return to Episode VII : The Force Awakens