29%
Four Stars 4/5 - Really Liked It
57%
Five Stars 5/5 - BEST STAR WARS EVER!!!
No votes

Total votes : 7

The Last Jedi - POLL

Postby Lord Tuvitor » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:34 am

How did you like it? I enjoyed it, but I don't think it was nearly as good as Rogue One or Empire. I rate it about at the same level as Revenge of the Sith, maybe slightly under it.
You *BELCH* y-you Cronenberged Phatooine! Real good, Morty!
Lord Tuvitor
Of Dimension C-137

Re: The Last Jedi - POLL

Postby soxtalon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:37 am

To rank:

5-4-3-8-6-7-R1-1-2-CW
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby McIntyre4077 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:42 am

This forum is just a force projection. Where’s Han’s dice?!
McIntyre4077
Scum

Postby herumorna » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:26 am

The Lucas movies & the DIsney ones are increasingly occupying distinct zones for me now.

I've enjoyed Rogue One more than Episode 7 & 8.

8 felt more original and a genuine attempt to do something different over 7.
Victoria Concordia Crescit
herumorna
Thief

Postby SarkaVrae » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:37 pm

I voted 3/5 stars, but I feel like I should qualify my answer. It was more, I liked where the story ended up going, but I didn't like how we got there. Way too many leaps of logic, side story lines that went no where, and flying Leia's for my tastes. And Finn needs more than a side story, imo.
Love many. Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.
SarkaVrae
Thief

Postby celestia » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:14 am

Well, I loved it. I'm not going to pretend it was great by any reasonable metrics, but I loved way too many of the EU novels despite acknowledging them to be the equivalent of trashy romance novels ...

I hated the prequels with a passion I have difficulty putting into words (all of them, 3 definitely included), but when I decided to watch the newer movies I made a conscious choice to let go of the unreasonable and unattainable expectations I had for star wars fiction.

If I were to rank the movies: ESB > R1 > ANH > ROTJ > TLJ > TFA (the others are dead to me. DEAD. Though I will say AOTC was probably the worst movie ever made. Like ever.)

I LOVED R1. It gave me hope they would just make a series based on rogue squadron. I ❤️ you forever, Wes Janson.
"she behaves as if she was beautiful. most american women do. it is the secret of their charm."
oscar wilde
celestia
Scum

Postby McIntyre4077 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:32 am

I can’t rank TLJ for some reason. Whenever I think about it I just can’t come up with it’s spot. I really really loved Rogue 1. That’s in my top 3 for sure, I may go ROTJ-R1-ESB-ANH-ROTS but then I can’t figure out the rest.
McIntyre4077
Scum

Postby soxtalon » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:25 am

celestia wrote:Well, I loved it. I'm not going to pretend it was great by any reasonable metrics, but I loved way too many of the EU novels despite acknowledging them to be the equivalent of trashy romance novels ...

I hated the prequels with a passion I have difficulty putting into words (all of them, 3 definitely included), but when I decided to watch the newer movies I made a conscious choice to let go of the unreasonable and unattainable expectations I had for star wars fiction.

If I were to rank the movies: ESB > R1 > ANH > ROTJ > TLJ > TFA (the others are dead to me. DEAD. Though I will say AOTC was probably the worst movie ever made. Like ever.)

I LOVED R1. It gave me hope they would just make a series based on rogue squadron. I ❤️ you forever, Wes Janson.

I think a Rogue Squadron series is inevitable...might take awhile but we'll get there...it may be animated though...

I forgot your hatred of the prequels even as I defended them :P Still will...though I agree on AOTC. (well maybe not EVER made...but definitely the worst live action SW)
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby celestia » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:34 am

I would definitely accept an animated rogue squadron series series - though I generally am not as into them.

On that note ... How does one get into voice acting???!
"she behaves as if she was beautiful. most american women do. it is the secret of their charm."
oscar wilde
celestia
Scum

Postby celestia » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:37 am

Like I said, I loved TLJ, but this video mocking it is hilarious: https://youtu.be/1v2PV52WNLY
oscar wilde
celestia
Scum

Return to Episode VIII : The Last Jedi