Iron Man 3

Film, TV, Books, Music and Gaming that doesn't involve the Galaxy Far Far Away.

Iron Man 3

Postby Viper » Sun May 19, 2013 3:38 am

Anybody else watch this?

I was pleasantly surprised. Not the best superhero movie, but it was decent.

Downey is perfect as Stark.
All this polo I'm wearin', I got horsepower. -- 2Chainz
Viper
Thief

Re: Iron Man 3

Postby Emperor's Prize » Sun May 19, 2013 4:06 am

Viper wrote:Downey is perfect as Stark.

This, I agree with.

Viper wrote:it was decent.

This, I do not.

The only thing IM3 had going for it, IMO, was Downey, Jr. Everything else utterly failed to capture my interest. I thought it was the worst of the three IM films. Too much contrivance to get Downey, Jr. out of the suit. Too many leaps of illogic (e.g. why would Stark's home be so utterly defenseless against choppers with traditional missiles - especially after the events in Avengers and his calling out of a terrorist)? Fire-breathing humans, WTF? Pepper's seduction, WTF? Pepper's cure, and Starks' cure, WTFs?

It wasn't atrociously bad... but I'd be hard pressed to call it, "decent."
If you ever have the chance for redemption, take it. Without hesitation.
Emperor's Prize
Failed Hero

Postby soxtalon » Sun May 19, 2013 11:44 am

Haven't seen it yet but the worst of the three? Oh dear....I loved the first one but the 2nd one just didn't do it for me at all...and if this one is worse :(

Ah well hopefully I'll get to see it soon to see for myself...
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby Lord Tuvitor » Mon May 20, 2013 3:16 pm

I saw it, I liked it... I didn't think it was half bad. It was a little slow at the start, but as soon as it picked up, it flew. I liked it a little more than 2, though the first one is easily the best of the series still.
You *BELCH* y-you Cronenberged Phatooine! Real good, Morty!
Lord Tuvitor
Of Dimension C-137

Postby Drunken Irish Picnic » Mon May 20, 2013 3:21 pm

I enjoyed it. It was nice to finally see some actual character development for Tony Stark. Although it may be too much - the movie leaves him in a place that makes me think "well......... I don't need another Iron Man movie now."

I thought it was way better than Iron Man 2. IM2 is a total waste of film to me. Barely anything happens. It's a 2+ hour movie to accomplish two things: get Rhodey in a suit and hook up Tony with Pepper. The first one is still the best in my eyes.
***EoA*** <--------"Elephants on Amphetamines"
Can't Hang's 2009 Album - Ride The Lightrail
A.K.A. The Bodacious Boob of Dubious Sobriety, Composer of Leonard Shelby Love Songs, and Knight of the BYS
“I have eschewed Royal vessels; not merely municipal customs galleys, keep thee in mind. I speak now of the commodious British Warships-of-the-line. She is sufficiently mercurial for thee, thou aged fellow!” -Han "Frizzibald" Solo III
Drunken Irish Picnic
Thief

Postby Viper » Mon May 27, 2013 12:17 am

Drunken Irish Picnic wrote:I enjoyed it. It was nice to finally see some actual character development for Tony Stark. Although it may be too much - the movie leaves him in a place that makes me think "well......... I don't need another Iron Man movie now."

I like it when they spend time developing the man behind the mask (in any superhero movie). I love that this movie shows that Tony isn't just a wuss behind a suit of armor. He really can be a badass without the suit (which is something they desperately needed to show in these movies).

I'm with you on how it ends. To be honest, it leaves me wondering how it's going to tie into Avengers 2. I suppose the after credits scene kind of hints that he's not totally done yet, but still...
All this polo I'm wearin', I got horsepower. -- 2Chainz
Viper
Thief

Return to Media