X-Men Apocalypse. (Spoilers!!)

Film, TV, Books, Music and Gaming that doesn't involve the Galaxy Far Far Away.

X-Men Apocalypse. (Spoilers!!)

Postby Manowan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:15 pm

I just watched the new Days of Future Past X-man movie. I loved it. Seeing the old and new cast together in one movie, time travel, Wolverine, young Magneto. Awesome stuff.

The next movie will be Apocalypse.

I confess I spoiled Days of Future Past for myself slightly by watching the old cartoon of the original story before seeing the movie. I was glad that they followed the basics of the original story line, with a lot of changes of course.

And now, I'm going to spoil myself for 2016 as well, and you too, if you want to be spoiled.

I give you Apocalypse!

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/_xMVlp6VZzw[/YouTube]
You still have much to learn my young apprentice.
Manowan
Thief

Re: X-Men Apocalypse. (Spoilers!!)

Postby herumorna » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:05 pm

Won't deny that seeing the Four Horsemen in the Post-Credit scene (and hence confirming Apocalypse) made me positively tumescent.

Also bodes well since I'm sure everyones a bit bored of Prof X vs Magneto by now.
Victoria Concordia Crescit
herumorna
Thief

Postby Drunken Irish Picnic » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:25 pm

I thought Days of Future Past was the best X-Men movie yet. Greatly enjoyed it. Glad to see Bryan Singer back at the helm - he really has a knack for serving the material in this franchise.
***EoA*** <--------"Elephants on Amphetamines"
Can't Hang's 2009 Album - Ride The Lightrail
A.K.A. The Bodacious Boob of Dubious Sobriety, Composer of Leonard Shelby Love Songs, and Knight of the BYS
“I have eschewed Royal vessels; not merely municipal customs galleys, keep thee in mind. I speak now of the commodious British Warships-of-the-line. She is sufficiently mercurial for thee, thou aged fellow!” -Han "Frizzibald" Solo III
Drunken Irish Picnic
Thief

Postby Viper » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:04 pm

I like the fact that they are doing period pieces. Love that we've seen the xmen in the 60s and 70s and that the next one happens in the 80s. It's refreshing to see movies like this that don't rely on assloads of high tech gadgetry.
All this polo I'm wearin', I got horsepower. -- 2Chainz
Viper
Thief

Postby herumorna » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:26 pm

You'd be surprised by the amount of digital wizardry involved even in period movies. The Guy Ritchie Sherlock movies are packed with CGI in every scene.
Victoria Concordia Crescit
herumorna
Thief

Return to Media