The Order Of The Vassin

Users creative works - Stories, Poetry, Artwork, Films, anything you want to showcase!

The Order Of The Vassin

Postby soxtalon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:55 pm

Ok everyone! I have been toying with my own novels for years and may eventually even finish one.

The novel/series (who knows what yet) I've been outlining most recently is one I may present here when I'm complete. However I think in an interesting concurrent way there is another story I could tell set in the same universe just much earlier in the timeline. And hell maybe one will go better than the other. So basically I am uncertain but and going to go in public for now. I may decide at any point to pull this and flesh it out for possible finishing but the plan as for now is actually Lucasian...to start much further along in the storyline...and this would be the direct prequels.

One other notion is that readers of mine from the old Phat will certainly recognize the main character. Raist Lanan is someone I created for my Star Wars fan-fic. But I love the character so much I've decided to pull him out of GFFA and change his backstory a bit to use in my own universe. Due to that there may be some "influence" from Star Wars. But I've decided to forge ahead since all great stories have such influences going back to the first stories...

I will be writing it here onsite and so it should definitely be considered the roughest of first drafts and will almost definitely need expansion.
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Re: The Order Of The Vassin

Postby soxtalon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:43 pm

Legends of the Vassin

Pro.

It began as it always began. On a small world in a small galaxy teeming with life. The Spirit had begat sentience throughout this small galaxy, but none so much as on this small unnamed planet. The planet was a lush jungle world filled with oceans, plant life, animal life, and vast open spaces.

This was the home of the few & the chosen, the Vassin. In a valley nestled in the heart of the Almona Mountains a village was placed. I would say placed because the Spirit was quite generous with the Vassin. These were no savages crawling through the mud scraping a life out of their surroundings. This was a highly technically advanced race of beings much as you would see in your science fiction tales of your far future. A race that had been traveling the small galaxy for as long as could be remembered on starships, planting seeds of their own. For as long as they could remember, they simply were what they were.

Destined to populate the galaxy how they saw fit.

The journey had begun and the Vassin were now seeing the fruits of their labor. All twenty three remaining Vassin watched as life unfolded.

And I watched them. For I created the Spirit. And let it loose in the universe to act as it saw fit. Now I watch to see what happens next along with you. My name is Oros.

Let us continue...
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Return to The Canvas