Solo

All discussion regarding the standalones happening in between the main saga films....and yeah I'm still calling them Anthology films which is much cooler than "A Star Wars Story"

Solo

Postby soxtalon » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:37 am

I have to admit I'm a bit scared of this one.

SO many problems. A film I'm not sure I really wanted..someone else playing Han? Demystifying everything? I do like Donald Glover as Lando. Ron Howard is a steady hand. Woody Harrelson sounds like his character will be fun. But all in all.....It seems like this has potential for disaster....

I hope it's fun/ If it's fun enough it could be a different kind of SW story and could really spark the saga in a different way
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Re: Solo

Postby Lord Tuvitor » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 am

I am cautiously optimistic. I probably won't hate it if it isn't full of cringey parts. Donald Glover as Lando does sound promising, as does Woody's character.

I'm sure Ron Howard has the skills needed to fix this. I really haven't heard a lot of bad things since he took over production, other than having to re-shoot a lot of it. But then I'm not obsessing over spoilers like it's 2004, so I've probably missed a few details.
You *BELCH* y-you Cronenberged Phatooine! Real good, Morty!
Lord Tuvitor
Of Dimension C-137

Postby soxtalon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:17 am

I hope so. I haven't heard anything either...though since it's opening in May and we haven't even gotten a trailer yet, that makes me wonder...
The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering
soxtalon
The Darknes of the Light

Postby celestia » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:47 am

I can pretty much guarantee you guys that I am going to love it. I'd really like them to just spoon feed me AC Crispin's Han, but I really do know there's no way that's gonna happen and I'm still confident it will be great.

You know how people complain when someone remakes a Shakespeare play and you kind of know it's just because it's going to bring in a lot of $$$ because Shakespeare...? Well, I know that but then I can't think of a Shakespeare-related film I didn't like.

So yeah, my point is the topic is solid.
"she behaves as if she was beautiful. most american women do. it is the secret of their charm."
oscar wilde
celestia
Scum

Postby McIntyre4077 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:35 am

I’m afraid of this one too. A lot of bad press and rumors. And we still don’t have a trailer yet. This good be a train wreck of galactic proportions. My hope is that since my expectations are so low, as long as it’s a safe non terrible movie I will like it. That’s why I like the prequels so much. They have enough fun/cool moments to keep me happy.
McIntyre4077
Scum

Return to Anthologies